Living in the present means that your awareness is completely focused on the here and now. You are not worrying about the future or thinking about the past. You are fully living in the moment where life is happening. The past and future does not exist, they are illusions of the mind.
Living in the present is not as easy for everyone. Some of us cannot forget the experiences that has happened to us in the past and may find it difficult to move forward in life. What you may not realise is the past teaches you everything you need to know, you can learn from your mistakes, you can learn to forgive yourself and others, you can learn to let go of past hurts and disappointments, you can learn to be grateful for what you have now and make your life much better than before.
Here are 10 things you can do now to live in the present:
1. Be Conscious of your Surroundings and Stop Beating Yourself Up – If you are aware of your surroundings, you don’t have to think of your past life. It means that your attention will be in your present situation.
2.Be Happy – smile and congratulate yourself for everything you have accomplished.
3. Remove Unwanted Possessions – If you don’t want to live in the past, you have to remove all the things to forget them. Then, start living in the present through focusing on the things you need to do.
4. Forgive Past Hurts – If you are still attached with your past situations, it is hard for you to face the reality and your present situation. So, make sure that you choose to forgive and move on. Though the harm is there, you have to make actions to ensure that it will never affect your present moods and activities.
5. Dream for Your Future while Working Hard Today – There is nothing wrong if you dream big. What matters most is what you are doing at present to fulfill your dreams. So, start setting goals and plan for your future.
6. Stop Worrying – Unlike others, you will never appreciate the beauty of life if you keep on worrying too much. Take note that tomorrow is another day. Whether you worry about it or not, things will happen.
7. Be thankful for what you have – saying thank you and being grateful for being alive, with all the chances of experiencing life and all of the basic goodness of life.
8. Learn something new – You have to start living life to the fullest. Don’t delay your life a second longer. Try something new everyday or pick up a new skill!
9.Love – remember to love with all your heart. You have so much love to give so give your love to something and start feeling happy today!
10. Get out of your comfort zone – Make yourself available for new opportunities might mean stepping away from your current comfort zone, getting out there, being proactive towards achieving your goals.